Match Report: Deveronvale 0 Rothes 1

On a miserable wet and windy afternoon at PRP both teams struggled to find either their passing game or their shooting boots. A small band of loyal supporters from both clubs braved the conditions but the majority of these huddled in the stand. A few hardy souls stood around the ground to watch the game and most, for once, will have thanked the referee for the final whistle sending them home to dry and thaw out.

Vale had most of the attacking play in the first half and some better played passes and some more composure might have seen a goal or two by HT. However, the weather made both weight of pass and control of the ball that bit harder than usual and the teams went in level at HT.

The second half saw an early chance fall to Sam Robertson after some good inter-passing but the choice of a left footed shot to the left-hand side of the goal rather than right footed to the bottom right hand corner say the ball go well wide. As the half went on Rothes gradually got more into the match and threatened more in the final third. Vale continued to have a number of opportunities and on one break it looked as though Harry Noble would record his fifth goal of the season but, under pressure from Rothes defender Milne and advancing goalkeeper Donaldson, his shot went just over the bar. Minutes from full time Rothes at last managed to get the ball in the net, after some poor play by Vale, to take both the game and the three points.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, this was another game where Vale deserved a draw and could have taken all three points had scoring opportunities been taken. However, that’s always easy to say from the stands and the conditions did not make for an entertaining encounter at all. No game for Vale next Saturday and the next match is at Kynoch Park, Keith on 30th March. Our postponed away game against Turriff United is still to be rescheduled and our final home game is on Saturday 13th March against Brora Rangers ahead of the Club’s 80th Birthday Party at the Banff Springs Hotel.

The highlight of the day at PRP was seeing Robert Duncan’s new mobile phone and hearing that his previous one would, at long last, be winding its way to the Nokia Museum in Helsinki.

36 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All